New York City Events | Times Square Hotel
Don't Miss the Excitement of NYC Events!
As “the city that never sleeps,” New York is an exciting, vibrant city that has countless attractions such as museums, theater, parks, historical landmarks, and architecture. But, it is perhaps most well-known for its NYC events, such as the famous New Year’s Eve ball drop in Times Square and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, both of which occur just outside The Paramount Hotel’s front steps.
The professional concierge staff at the Paramount Hotel can assist you with arrangements for all events in New York City—winter, spring, summer or fall.
WINTER NYC EVENTS
- New York City Marathon: The world’s largest marathon is held annually the first weekend of November.
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting: The lighting of the world-famous Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree marks the beginning of the holidays in New York City.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Held each Thanksgiving Day morning.
- New Year’s Eve: Ring in the New Year in Times Square watching the infamous ball drop.
- Fall Fashion Week: New York Fashion Week launches the global calendar of Fashion Weeks.
SPRING NYC EVENTS
- Easter: The Eggstravaganza in Central Park is a must for families with children, and every traditional ethnic Easter dinner can be found at restaurants around town.
- Tribeca Film Festival: This film festival was founded by Jane Rosenthal and Robert De Niro to celebrate New York City as a major filmmaking center and to contribute to the long-term recovery of lower Manhattan.
SUMMER NYC EVENTS
- Fourth of July: You won’t want to miss the nation’s largest fireworks display sponsored by Macy’s or Nathan’s Famous 4th of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest on Coney Island.
- Harlem Week: Now in its 34th year, Harlem Week (actually 30 days long) has become the Nation’s largest cultural celebration, celebrating African-American, Latino, Caribbean-American, and European-American cultures. Each year, millions visit Harlem, the world’s most famous neighborhood to share traditions, new trends, and incomparable “uptown style”.
- Spring Fashion Week: Designers, such as Nicole Miller, Maxazaria, and Vera Wang produce fashion shows to show off their latest collections.
FALL NYC EVENTS
- New York Film Festival: The Film Society of Lincoln Center was founded in 1969 to celebrate American and international cinema, to recognize and support new filmmakers, and to enhance awareness, accessibility and understanding of the art. It is the most famous and prestigious film festival in the country.
- New York’s Village Halloween Parade: The nation’s largest public Halloween celebration is listed as one of the 100 Things to Do Before You Die (Taylor Trade Publishing). Hundreds of puppets, bands and dancers participate in one of the most unique Halloween events anywhere in the world.
Visiting New York? Choose Paramount Hotel — A New York Hotel located close to all New York Activities and New York Attractions; Madison Square Garden, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and more.
Read interesting Travel Articles on our New York Hotel Blog >