Top 10 Tips for a fabulous Times Square New Year’s Eve
Be sure to count down these 10 Tips for a Times Square New Year’s Eve for an enjoyable Ball Drop countdown – and be sure to stay at the nearby Paramount Hotel – a Times Square Hotel.
New York’s Times Square Ball Drop is one of the most popular ways to ring in the New Year in NYC, and These Helpful Hints will help you make the most of this Legendary New York Event.
Throngs of excited people crowding into world-famous Times Square to celebrate the New Year is certainly exhilarating – and totally chaotic if you don’t prepare for hours on your feet, in the masses, from day temps to night temps without easy access to food and restrooms. But don’t let that deter you! Our easy tips will keep the experience as enjoyable as possible so your countdown to the New Year is one for the record books.
- Keep it Simple. Times Square on New Year’s Eve means you’ll be packed in among a lot of people where it’s easy to lose something or have it stolen from your purse or pocket without even noticing, so only bring what you absolutely need! Security will be enforcing that no bags are allowed, limiting your options of how much you can carry. Store valuables like IDs, credit cards, money, and cell phones under your clothing.
- Be Aware of the Bathroom Situation. The best plan is to get the need to go out of your system before you head to Times Square. Or stop at the public restrooms at the Port Authority nearby. Once you’re at this popular New York Event, the Charmin holiday toilets at 1540 Broadway between W 54th and W 46th Streets are your only option, and there are sure to be really long lines.
- Bring Out the Cold Weather Gear. New Year’s Eve in Manhattan’s Times Square can get really cold. You’ll be standing outside for hours, and the temperature will continue to drop, so dress appropriately. Wear gloves, a scarf, hat, warm socks, and have layers to add as needed. Consider clothing with pockets so you can pack snacks.
- Choose a Nearby Hotel. Plan this one well in advance because New York Hotels book up quickly this time of year. By securing a Midtown Manhattan Hotel, you’ll appreciate the conveniences of not having to use public transportation, using your room’s restroom before going to the Times Square Ball Drop, and being able to quickly get to your bed when you’re finally ready to sleep.
Visiting New York to spend New Year’s Eve at the Times Square Ball Drop? Choose a Times Square Hotel like the historic Paramount Hotel, a Times Square New York City Hotel. Located on 46th Street in Times Square since the late 1920s, Paramount Hotel provides Manhattan style and easy access to New York City’s Landmarks, Special Events like the Times Square Ball Drop, countless New York Attractions, and more.
- Participate in what’s available. Every hour as countries around the globe ring in the New Year, there is a mini-celebration in Times Square for you to celebrate, too. There’s also a wishing wall at the Times Square Visitor Center and if you add your wish before New Year’s Eve, it may be part of the confetti that floats down on the crowd at midnight, not to mention all the performances, celebrity appearances, laser lights, and complimentary masks, hats and balloons for those who arrive by 7 p.m.
- Scope Out a Good Spot. The best spots to see the Times Square Ball Drop are along Broadway from 43rd St to 50th St and along 7th Ave up to 59th St.
- Get to Times Square by Afternoon. Have we mentioned that the Times Square Ball Drop gets crowded? Thousands of people start arriving throughout the late afternoon. Once your spot is chosen, plan on staying put until after the ball drops.
- Pack Snacks. Packs snacks and beverages (but remember not to hydrate more than necessary due to the bathroom situation) you can comfortably carry and fit in your coat pockets. You may want to bring a warm beverage in a thermos. Remember: no alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Eat Enough to Hold You Over. Eat a big lunch so you are not by distracted by hunger from the time you arrive in the afternoon, to after you break free from the crowds past the Ball Drop. Remember the snacks in your warm jacket pockets? Good plan.
- Be Patient. With so many people trying to see the Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball Drop, you’re bound to get jostled, nudged, maybe even a little pushed. Keep your cool. Remember that you’re creating a memory of a lifetime of New Year’s Eve in New York City – make sure it’s a memory you’ll treasure.
About Paramount Hotel – A Times Square Hotel
The Paramount Hotel is unrivaled for combining style, comfort, and affordability in the most popular part of New York City. Having been part of the NYC scene since the late 1920s, Paramount Hotel sits in the middle of Times Square, close to all things Manhattan – from the Broadway Theater District, Empire State Building, and neighborhoods of Greenwich Village and SoHo to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and Madison Avenue.
Business and Leisure Guests will appreciate Paramount Hotel’s classic arched façade, dramatic lobby, the sleek, modern comfort in each of 597 Guest Rooms and Guest Suites with boutique furnishings and posh bathrooms, on-site Boardroom, Fitness Center, Business Center, and friendly Concierge service.
With all there is to discover in and around this prime Times Square location, Paramount Hotel gives Guests an opportunity to stay in true Manhattan style, while being able to step out to all this world-class City has to offer.
Read interesting Travel Articles on our New York Hotel Blog >